How to Overcome and Achieve Success
And live your life fully for God
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
These are some tips to help you overcome any temptation or problem in your life. Don't just pick one or two, but rather, do them ALL and you will have success!!! This List comes from my own personal experiences and battles, trials, temptations and deliverances and healings. GOD Delivered me! HE wants to Deliver YOU too!
-Confess with your mouth to God
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
-Accept Jesus and his Love, Mercy, Grace and Forgiveness
-confess to others that you are living for God (then they will either run away or they will support you)
-burn or throw out all influences, pictures, porno, movies, music, magazines, letters, decorations, etc. that would influence you to backslide. Don't wait to sell them. Don't give them away either but rather throw these things away immediately or burn them in a outdoor fire pit.
-anoint your house
-do not allow any evil to enter your house or body
-prayer (at least 3 times daily and also without ceasing) Also ask others to pray for you. See our Prayer Request Page!
-fasting (at least once per month) Mark 9:29 "And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting."
-bible reading (every day) even if it's just one chapter or more!
-services (often as possible)
-Christian music (often as possible) even have christian music playing in your house while you are away from the house! This helps keep the house clean and let's intruders think there's someone home!
-praise him daily even during your worst times. Like the apostle Paul did at the midnight hour in prison Acts 16:19-26
-be in thanksgiving (Phillippians 4:6)
-think on positive things (Philippians 4:8)
-count your blessings, not your problems
-focus straight ahead on Jesus, not to the left and not to the right
-fellowship with like minded believers
-confine (confess privately) in a christian friend Jam 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
-faith, knowledge that God is real (Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen)
-your salvation is not dependent on just you and your righteousness but on the righteousness, faithfullness and grace of God
-forgiveness of self and others
-put notes and bible verses around house and on walls
-testify to others what God HAS done for you (Rev.12:11)
-Put on the Whole Armour of God Ephesians 6:10-20
-Know that you were born with a great purpose
-Write in a daily Journal. This will help you remember what God has done for you and also help you realize things.
Quit Smoking: Guaranteed!!!Follow ALL these steps to quit smoking. Please forward to friends and Family. This WILL WORK if you follow all these steps. If you send me a letter saying this program didn't work, I will ask "Which steps did you leave out?"
1. Make decision to stop smoking and to follow this plan completely.
2. Pray to GOD Almighty that He will help you to follow this plan completely and for it to work.
3. Fast one meal.
4. Make large sign to put on wall where you can see it. Saying "I can do all things (Stop Smoking) through Christ which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13" Read it daily and lay your hands on it daily and pray over it. Lay your hands on yourself and say this verse outloud daily.
5. Week#1. Do not reduce smoking. Just keep GOOD track of how much you smoke. Do not smoke less, do not smoke more.
6. Each following week, Reduce Daily smoking by 1 cig less than previous week.
7. Each following month, Increase fasting by 1 meal.
8. Apply the above schedule on Calendar. Example: "15cigs per day this wk", "Fast 4 meals the 7th of this month", etc.
9. When you get down to 1 pack or less per day, REMOVE all ash trays, lighters and cigs from inside house. Place your cigs, lighters and trays OUTSIDE on porch or other outside location. Place Large Sign on front door "NO Smoking Inside". Enforce this House Rule for yourself and ALL family and ALL friends. If someone does not want to follow this rule, then you should distance yourself from that person, they are NOT a true friend.
10. Tell all family and friends that you are quitting smoking and you appreciate their understanding and support and prayers.
11. As you get down to less than 1 pack a day, Take a daily supplement of Ginseng. This is a natural herb to help with anxiety and nerveousness and fatague.
12. Drink more water. Stop drinking all caffeine drinks. Spirt, 7-up and Sierra Mist are caffeine free. Pepsi and Coke also sell caffeine free soda drinks. But you must drink more water than previous and you must stop drinking caffeine. Caffeine makes your nerves worst.
13. Read Holy Bible daily. At least 1 chapter daily. (recommendation 3 chapters daily)
14. Pray daily for GOD's Help and Deliverance.
15. Praise GOD and Thank GOD daily.
16. When you finally quit, KEEP Sign on front door, "NO Smoking Inside", Continue to enforce for Everyone!
17. Never take vitamin B in the evening, it keeps you up at night. If you take B, take it first thing in morning!
18. Get as much outside fresh air and sunshine as possible. GO fishing if you like to fish. Go camping if you like to camp. Go swimming if you like to swim. There are plenty of things to do with your spare time. You just have to go do them. Hiking or just walking around the block is great. YOU MUST INCREASE your time outside even if it's just a few minutes each week.
19. Contact Me and let me know when you have stopped smoking!!!
Week 1: Keep track of number of cigs smoked for 7 days.
Possible 7 days total: 210 or 30 per day.
Week 2: Fast 1 meal. Smoke 29 cigs per day. No more! Place the daily allotment in a separate container, plastic bag or tuckerware bowl with lid. Once the container is empty you cannot smoke any more that day.
Refill container each day for that days allotment.
Week 3: Smoke 28 cigs per day.
Week 4: Smoke 27 cigs per day.
Week 5:( Month 2) Fast 2 meals this day. Smoke 26 cigs per day.
Wk 6: smoke 25 cigs per day.
wk 7. smoke 24 cigs per day.
wk. 8 smoke 23 cigs per day.
wk. 9 (3rd month) Fast 3 meals this day. Smoke 22 cigs per day.
wk.10: smoke 21 cigs daily.
wk. 11: smoke 20 cigs daily.
wk. 10: smoke 19 cigs daily.
wk. 11: (4th month) Fast 4 meals/snacktimes
5th month: fast 5 meals/snacks times, this may go into a second day, so be it.
6th month: fast 6 eating times/meals/snack times over 1-2 days.
7th month: fast 7 eating times/meals/snack times over 2 days.
8th month: fast 8
9th month fast 9 eating times/meals/snack times over 2-3 days.
etc. etc. etc.
Once you quit smoking you may go back to fasting one day a month or other regular fasting. Do NOT completely neglect fasting just because GOD is finished delivering you of this one affliction/addiction. This program not only will help you to stop smoking but will also help you build your fasting ability. Thus also reducing any weight gain that most people experience from smoking cessation.
-And When you have done all, Be Still and see the salvation of the Lord!
Ex.14:13, 2 Chron.20:17, Ps.4:4, Ps.46:10, Mark 4:39
I found a great webpage at http://www.seekgod.org/bible/letterfromgod.html which gives a "letter from God" which really helps. Check it out!
GO to Main Page of I Saw The Light Ministries
Over 130 articles of Great Importance for YOU TODAY!